General carpentry covering Hail Weston, St Neots, all Cambridgeshire and beyond!
We have pages on here covering specific projects such as timber frame buildings or kitchens and cabinets but there are so many jobs, large or small that don’t quite fit in one category or another so we’ve included this page to cover the bits and bobs.
All the odd things.
Often when our customers have tasks that don’t fit into a particular category they are reluctant to ask if or how these jobs can be completed, first let me say that if it’s made of or involves wood the chances are the YES we would be happy to give you a price for doing the job or at least recommend someone to you who could do it. JUST ASK.
If that’s not enough encouragement, then just to convince you I’m going to break the golden rule of modern, responsive, tactile web design and give you a giant list of odds and ends work that we will happily do. Sorry Steve Jobs.
Door stuff, window stuff & trim carpentry
- Custom made doors
- Door hanging
- Door adjustment
- Door ironmongery repair or replacement
- Draught excluder fitting
- Full window repair and restoration
- Window ironmongery replacement and repair
- Double glazing replacement / conversion
- Secondary glazing
- Replacement skirting boards
- Dado rails
- Picture rails
- Wall paneling
- Wall cladding
- Staircase repairs
- Balustrade, banister and spindle repair and replacement
- Timber flooring, repairs, replacements and adjustments.
- Obviously custom made kitchens
- Kitchen fitting
- Door & drawer repair
- Door & drawer adjustment & new ironmongery, handles etc
- Replacement doors, drawers & panels
- Kitchen kickerboards, cornice and coving
- Shelves of all types and materials
- Built in storage
- Alcove storage
- Under stair cupboards
- Storage racks, rails and other storage mechanisms
- Shoe racks
- Coat hanging
- Toy & childrens stuff units
- Freestanding & built in bookcases
- Storage boxes, racks and units
- Built in wardrobes
- Replacement wardrobe doors & repairs
Gardens & Outdoor
- Timber frame buildings
- Summer houses
- Children’s play structures
- Outdoor staircases
- Railway sleeper work, raised beds, paths etc
- Custom fencing
- Gate fitting
- Gate ironmongery
Finally just let me add that as well as all the above stuff, we’ve got a fully equipped workshop that we can make almost anything in and above and beyond on the standard selection of materials such as pine, oak, ply & mdf we work with almost any type of timber material as well as reclaimed materials.
Also we are experienced in all the standard timber finishing techniques such as quality hand painting, varnishing etc but we also offer a full spray service via our good friends at Peterborough wood finishes.
If in doubt ask, either we can help or we know someone that can.